Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Happiness !!

Few days bak, Gautam asked me are you "Bigger Bore" as compared to 2 years back....and I said 'No'....I was never a Bore.... ;) ......than he asked me if I am a "Happier Person" as compared to 2 years back.....and I said "Yes".....that got me thinking....Am I a happier person???....What is Happiness??....For me it has always been a relative term.....A few years bak it was always something like: If I get good grades, I am happy....If I meet my close frds everyday, I am happy.....If my father likes me for who I am, I am happy.....If I can contribute positively to the society, I am happy.....If I can make my Mom proud, I am happy.....eventually it became.....If I make my In-laws happy, I am happy.....If I manage not to fight with Gautam for a week, I am happy.....If Gautam surprises me with something, I am happy.....Basically the "I am happy" always comes with an "If"..... :)

What abt all the other times??....I am not unhappy....if I really think abt it....I am tired/bored/angry/frustrated.....but as soon as it come to my mind....unhappy....no I am not unhappy.....its funny.....

Happiness is relative....but even if there is no "If" present for the happiness.....there is no unhappiness.....or mayb its juss the way I think.....I choose not to be Unhappy....Happy or not.... ;)

1 comment:

Gautam said...

I'm really HAPPY about the choice you've made :)