Thursday, January 15, 2009

Who moved my Cheese ?

Hmm…really…Who moved my Cheese?

I am a Cheesy person, well, at least once upon a time I was. I have written long love letters, poems. I created a "Love is…" scrap book for Gautam. I have burned several Love Song CDs. My chat window use to be "Falling Hearts" while chatting with Gautam (In my defence, please check out the kissing sound Ctrl+G...its awesome). I have done it all. I use to love the idea of being in Love and doing the Lovey-Dovey stuff. I use to love all the stuffed toys and use to love cute cards. There was one time in my life when I really didn’t have anyone special in my life. I use to just buy the Lovey cards for myself. So, when I met Gautam, I had a collection of cute cards to send.

I don’t know what has changed now. Whenever I think of buying Gautam a gift, I end up buying something he will like and will use. I have not bought a single Greeting card for him in the past 2 years. Not a single, can you believe it? I don’t like buying cards anymore. Buying cards means wasting paper and wasting paper means cutting/killing more trees. So, not buying cards in a way is helping the environment. See, thats a good reason. This is just one of the several examples. I don’t like buying stuffed toys, whenever I see one, I start thinking, Where the heck I am going to keep it? Seriously. All the cute stuffed animals that I have bought in the past or the ones I have made Gautam to buy for me in the past, I have no clue why I don’t like them anymore. Except for the Black Lab Dog, I don’t like any of the Stuffed animals anymore. I am so scared of saying this to Gautam, as I know, he will be like…What the heck? Seriously.

Hmmm….if I think about this more and more, I know some Cheesy stuff that I still like. Romantic vacations and Romantic Dinners. Well, they are multi-purpose as well…but that’s besides the point. The one thing that has changed in the past 3 years, I have become more practical. I don’t live in the fantasy world anymore. Before meeting Gautam, there was a Dream. A dream of meeting the perfect one. Romantic stuff happening all around me. Some1 loving and liking whatever I do. Some1 who is always there for you, no matter what…and so on and so forth…blah-blah. After meeting Gautam, during our 1 year courtship period, it was the attraction of the long distance relationship. You can know so much about the person and you pretty much like most of it. Not that we were not honest with each other, we were. Anything good is awesome and anything bad is Honesty. "Being in Love" and "Living in Love" are 2 different things. "Being in love" is a feeling, If you love some1, the feeling will always be there. You will always feel good about this person you love. On the other hand, "Living in Love" is day-in day-out. You have to put up with all the good and the bad of the person you love so dearly. It's so easy to "Be in love" and it is so hard to "Live in love".

I have had a great married life so far. The one thing that I have seen changing in myself is I have become more independent and practical. I still make my share of mistakes, but I am learning to avoid dwelling on the past and playing the Blame Game. I guess practicality is the biggest reason for losing my Cheese.

So, this morning I decided, I want to get some of my Cheese back. I like being Cheesy at times. Gautam calls me "CQ" - Cheese Queen. So the latest Cheese I ate, I entered one of our pictures in the Cutest Couple competition. Not juss that, my facebook status says "Vote pic 84 on austin360. Cheesy enuff?

No comments: