Sunday, August 19, 2007

Fit Fit Fit !!

I always thot i am very active and fit. After all, I dont take the elevator at work....i work on the 3rd floor....and i take the stairs atleast 4 times a day.....i am walking from my cube to the meeting rooms and to the lab all day long.....tats a lot of exersicing.....I like my body and i think i am pretty healthy and fit.... :) .....so i decided lets check the physical stamina and strength.....the best way to do this was to take a physical challenge which requires a lot of desipline and structure.....so i decided to run the Marathon..... :)

Started exploring for the training offered by various groups....and found out to be able to start training for the Half Marathon....one shud be already comfortable running atleast 3 miles....there is a Prep course for Half Marathon training course....imagine training course for training course....tat was funny initially but not after i joined it and went for the first session....so here is one more detail....the prep training had already started before we joined....so we were 2 weeks behind....the first training we went to was the Physical strength building.....it was held in Pure Gym.....by the end of it....i was sweating, out of breath and about to cry.....it was so damn difficult.....it opened my eyes and made me realise that i am probably the most un-fit person in the whole group.....my whole body was in pain....even my teeth and gums....seriously.....the pain lasted about 3 days.....finally i had to take a pain killer.....i juss hated it....i wanted to stop going for the training and forget about the whole challenging myself blah blah....well....missed to mention....i convinced and made Gautam take this training with me....i think tat was the biggest mistake.....he is after my life to finish this and run the Marathon....he is so determined and focused....and it beats me why??....this is my goal not his....???

Well....when u make mistakes....u have to live with it...there is no escape....same is the case for making Gautam take up this goal of running the half Marathon.....we continued to go.....we have a Strenght building session every Thrusday.....a running session for stamina building every monday and the actual 3 mile runs every saturday morning....here goes my precious saturday morning sleep....i use to love saturdays....not any more.... :( ....the Prep training is for 5 weeks....one more week to go....and its not like apart from the trainig session u dont have to do anything.....oh well.....u have to do a lot....there is a schedule for all days except friday....tats the only day off....

After almost 2 and a half week of training.....we finally did it....we ran 3 miles on saturday morning....it was amazing....i couldnt beliv myself.....well....3 is a very small number if u compare it to 13.....but still it was an achievement for me....Austin Downtown is the best place to start running.....if u r running on the streets....keep checking ur reflxtion in the window glass of all the shops and restaurants....motivating.... :) .....and if u r running on the bridge.....keep looking at the water.....calming....and when there is nothing to look at.....u shud get a "Gautam" who keeps talking..... :) .....so u see....i have my motivation and my mind made up.....lets see how it goes.... :)

No comments: