Friday, August 15, 2008

Yeh Jo Dess Hai Mera....

"Vande Mataram"

"Bharat Mataaa kii - Jai !!"

I didnt ever think I will miss shouting these slogans....I miss all the Independence Day Celebrations. I like to believe that I am not a patriot....well...I am not...but this one special day...I have always felt Patriotic....its an important celebration for me.....I love wearing white and celebrating "Independence Day" with the whole nation.... :)

Thinking back....I remember this as a special day....it was fun during School time to get almost the whole day off....Goto school early in the morning...come back by 9 or 10 am and get the whole day to play....I have always been a part of the Parade....Once I remember I was inacting Sarojini Naidu...I was wearing a shite saree and recited one of her famous patriotic quotes....it was fun....I went on the stage after Gandhiji.... :)
Reciting the pledge...."India is my Country...and all Indians are my Brothers and Sisters (except one)...."...It was so much fun...the best was the National Anthem and the Slogan "Bharat Mataa kii...Jai" three times.... :) ....and yes...the Endless Independence Day Parade on live from Delhi on Doordarshan....Waiting for the Maharashtra Troop to come on TV..... :)

My Mom use to goto this Deaf-Dumb Girls school on every Independence Day....I started tagging along....these young girls use to be so happy and excited to see us....they use to perform Dances....it was great to be a prt of it all.... :)

Living far away from India made me realize even more....I love 15th Aug....got ready in the morning and sang the Notional Anthem by myself and celebrated our 61st Independence Day....I am wearing a White Kurta to work....I also made Gautam wear white "India" shirt.... :)

Long Live India !!

No comments: